See also list of RAM areas by name.
Please read our page on Contributing before editing these pages!
The eZ80 has a 24-bit linear address space. Layout:
- 000000h: Start of flash. The first 128 K are locked boot sectors. The first 8 are divided into 8 K sectors, all of which are locked. The certificate is now a single 64 K sector, so I hope you don't crash while rebuilding it.
- 000066h: Flash exception handler. Write-to-flash without permission triggers the non-maskable interrupt to fire.
- 00007Eh: Hardware/Emu flag: This byte indicates whether the ROM is a hardware ROM or emulator.
- 000080h: Start of boot code jump table.
- 020000h: Start of OS.
- 0C0000h: Start of user archive.
- 3B0000h: Certificate.
- 3C0000h: Temp RAM backup, on newer versions of TIOS debug output is also written here.
- 3E0000h: Temp RAM backup.
- 3F0000h: Temp RAM backup, temp certificate backup, swap sector.
- 400000h: Can be setup to mirror flash, but usually unmapped.
- 800000h: Always unmapped.
- D00000h: Start of RAM. 256 K.
- D1A87Eh: Top of the SPL stack.
- D1A881h: Start of UserMem.
- D40000h: Start of VRAM. 320x240x2 bytes = 153600 bytes.
- D65800h: Unmapped memory.
- D80000h: Mirror of D00000h.
- E00000h: Start of memory-mapped I/O address spaces.
- D031F6h: pixelShadow - 8400 bytes
- D052C6h: pixelShadow2 - 8400 bytes
- D07396h: cmdPixelShadow - 8400 bytes
- D09466h: plotSScreen - 21945 bytes
- D0EA1Fh: saveSScreen - 21945 bytes
- Note that the above is contiguous, which provides a total linear free space of 69090 bytes of RAM.
- pixelShadow2 is the most stable; and is a viable option for testing TSRs and hooks.
More SafeRAM Areas:
Also, if you do not wish to use the LCD cursor (This is not RAM, but can be used as scrap)
- E30800h: cursorImage - 1024 bytes
Pages in category "84PCE:RAM:By Address"
The following 38 pages are in this category, out of 38 total.