Revision as of 22:57, 16 January 2013 by Geekboy
Official Name: ChkFindSym
BCALL Address: 42F1
Recalls various pointers and information for a symbol in the VAT.
- OP1 = Name of variable (with proper initial defining byte, see example)
- OP1 = Name of variable
- HL = VAT pointer
- DE = Data location (if in archive, will be address when page is put into bank A)
- B = Flash Page, or 0 if in RAM
- C = Length of Variable Name
- A = the lower 5 bits is the type. Use the mask 1Fh.
- carry flag is set if the variable is not found in the VAT
ld hl,varname B_CALL Mov9toOp1 B_CALL ChkFindSym jr c,notfound ;carry flag is set if the VAT entry is not found ex de,hl ;put data pointer into hl xor a cp b ;see if b is 0, and the program is in the ram jr z,unarchived ;if so, jump to unarchived ;do something to get it into RAM unarchived: ;do something once it is in RAM varName: .db AppVarObj, "APPVAR",0