OK, there, I finally got around to finishing the page. Like it? :) --AndyJ 17:15, 18 Jun 2005 (PDT)
- The keyboard certainly can recognize multiple modifiers. I don't know if there's any way to use them with TI's key handling, but the possibility is there. Of course, pressing three keys at once always brings the possibility of Matrix Problems... FloppusMaximus 19:10, 18 Jun 2005 (PDT)
Due to the electrical matrix of the keyboard, any two similar modifier keys pressed simultaneously results in an all modifier keys pressed scan code.
- So what, that just means the shift keys then? That's a bad way to word it... --AndyJ 20:40, 18 Jun 2005 (PDT)
- OK, upon further review of the technical guidebook, it looks like it can handle two modifiers at once, regardless of which they are (left shift and right shift has its own code; any 3- or 4-key combinations has the "all modifiers" code). Yay for TI making contradictory documentation. :-\ --AndyJ 20:46, 18 Jun 2005 (PDT)
- There may actually be some truth in that hopelessly mangled statement. In fact, the keyboard matrix (which I'm looking at as I'm writing this) looks something like this, where D=Diamond, L=LShift, S=Square, R=RShift:
| | | | | | | | | | - - - - - - - - -D-L- | | | | | | | | | | - - - - - - - - -S-R- | | | | | | | | - - - - - - - - - | | | | | | | | - - - - - - - - - | | | | | | | | - - - - - - - - - | | | | | | | | - - - - - - - - - | | | | | | | | - - - - - - - - - | | | | | | | | - - - - - - - - - | | | | | | | |
- So if you press Diamond and Square at the same time, or Left and Right shift at the same time -- i.e. pressing two "similar" modifiers -- as well as pressing a normal key on one of the first two horizontal traces, you will suffer the dreaded Matrix Bug. Pressing "dissimilar" modifiers, however, will never cause this to happen, so long as you allow only one normal keypress at once, which the keyboard does.
- Also: Notefolio, at least, does use Diamond+Shift for some unusual shortcuts. The 68k OS uses both Diamond+Shift and Square+Shift. See . FloppusMaximus 17:35, 19 Jun 2005 (PDT)
- Ah yes, I forgot about the 68K NoteFolio... --AndyJ 04:19, 20 Jun 2005 (PDT)